Welcome to my new blog project. I am a proud southern girl, born and raised in a small town in Tennessee. Then I was whisked away by prince charming into a whirlwind military life of adventure and excitement. We have been stationed in San Diego for a few years now and although I love*love*love it, I do yearn for good ole southern hospitality. So, I decided to start sharing some southern hospitality out and about in southern California!
How am I going to do this you ask? The only way I know how. The old southern tradition of baking! My favorite baked thing to eat? CUPCAKES!!!!! Everyone loves a cupcake! Having your own personal sweetly decorated cake just makes the world around you seem a little brighter. And yes, I can bake a mean cupcake! ; )
So here's the deal. Under the post above titled "Enter the cupcake contest" just click on comments and add your name (first name and last initial is fine - or a nickname) along with your contact email address (please make sure it's one you check frequently). It's really that simple!
Make sure you post your name by the deadline of Friday, April 13. I will be using a random number generator to choose the winners. Then, I will announce / contact the winners on Monday, April 16 and will deliver the cupcakes that week. Of course I will be posting pictures of the winner after the cupcakes are delivered! Again, please make sure you put your contact email in the post or email me your info at email@example.com
Just a few rules:
1. You must live in San Diego.
2. Please only enter yourself once in the contest (statcounter keeps track of all IP addresses, so duplicate entries will both be deleted).
3. Delivery of cupcakes must be in a public place such as a workplace, mall, grocery store, etc. No private or residential deliveries for safety reasons. The delivery location will be an agreed upon place that is centrally located for both parties.
4. I will not be held responsible for any type of illness associated with the consumption of the prize cupcakes. In other words, if you have any type of allergies (peanut, dairy, etc) please DO NOT enter the contest.
5. The winner must be willing to allow me to post their first name and a photo of them on my website. (See post above titled "A Great Question" for more info on this rule).
6. I will choose the flavor & decorations of the prize cupcakes. I'm not a short order cook, you know! ; )
And please don't forget to leave a comment for me on this post! I would love to hear what you think about my project.